Saturday, August 2, 2014



CRAFTS---ROCK CREATURES    


Children love be creative! Crafts that are designed and packaged so that they all look the same and use the same materials take away the fun of using the child's own imagination. 

When I present a craft project I will use a theme or a particular material or topic,  I  encourage the children to create their designs and use whatever materials they feel will enhance their own creation.

To start a project I will put all materials on the art table, give the kids a tray and tell them to pick whatever they want to work with.
CREATED BY 10 YEAR OLD





CREATED BY A 12 YEAR OLD
For the "rock creatures"  I go to a garden center and buy a bag of river rocks that are 2 to 5 inches. If you live in a rural area you can always ask the kids to bring a rock in. On my art table I will put paper, plastic, foam, and material scraps, eyes, pipe cleaners, wood shapes, yarn scraps, straws, pom poms, ribbons, and whatever else I have that might be used.  On the work tables I will place white glue for the kids to use and if they are older I will allow them to use glue guns.  Glue from the glue gun is quicker to dry and holds better than white glue which takes hours to dry. If the children are younger I will glue with the glue gun for the kids.
CREATED BY A 12 YEAR OLD


CREATED BY A 7 YEAR OLD

                                                                           

This craft is good for all ages and usually the kids take from one to two hours to complete the project.  I have used it in my kindergarten class to the summer camp I am teaching with kids ranging from 7 to 12.  All approach the project with the same enthusiasm and have sooo much excitement and fun.  

1 comment:

Please leave a comment or question and I will try to answer. I would also like to know what your comment is about this post--gail